Make Your Own Pink Lemonade Cake
Lemonade is a summer staple. No generic image of a summer porch is complete without a pitcher of it. Everyone likes lemonade. Its a very non-offensive drink. You know what’s even better than lemonade? Pink lemonade! Because it’s… well, pink!
This Pink Lemonade Cake is a perfect summer dessert. It’s very easy to make, it doesn’t take very long, and it tastes pretty good too.
- White cake mix
- Lemonade mix (preferably pink lemonade mix, but regular lemonade mix should work just as well)
- Red food coloring
- Powdered sugar
To make the cake:
- Follow the instructions on the box to prepare the cake batter. Before mixing, add 2 tablespoons of the lemonade mix. Add red food coloring until you reach your desired shade of pink. Because I don’t like the cake to be too brightly colored, I normally add about two drops.
- Bake the cake following the instructions on the box. When finished, place cake layers on a rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Mix 1 pound of powdered sugar, ½ cup of butter, and 3 tablespoons of the lemonade mix together until you get the consistency you want. I have found this to be too dry in the past, and if that is the case, I would recommend adding milk to give the frosting a slightly more fluid structure.
- Once the frosting has been mixed, add in the desired amount of food coloring.
- How you choose to decorate this is up to you! Yay, creativity! Normally, I just put half slices of lemon around the sides of the cake, but you can decorate it any way you like.