Halloween is fast approaching, and you know what that means… chocolate and candy! Did you know that in the United States, candy sales exceed $2.2 billion? That is a LOT of Halloween candy. Let’s be honest: We all love to indulge a little (okay, maybe a lot) during Halloween. But, then again, there isn’t a single Halloween treat that’s actually good for you. My personal favorite treat is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. After looking up these presumably creamy cups of joy, I found that store-bought Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups have a total of 13 ingredients, including dextrose (huh?), TBHQ (meaning?), and Soy Lecithin (excuse me?).
Move over Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and say hello to Emma’s Peanut Butter Cups! Now it is possible to make a healthier choice by creating your own peanut butter cups — because who is Reese, anyway? Emma’s Peanut Butter Cups contain 2 ingredients! That’s right: chocolate and peanut butter (a.k.a. a match made in heaven). Seriously, though, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? My healthier version uses real ingredients that you can actually pronounce, too!
You guys will adore this treat. They’re:
1. Line muffin tray with 5–7 cupcake liners
2. Warm up chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted
3. Spoon melted chocolate to cover the bottom of each cupcake liner
4. Place in freezer for 5 minutes until chocolate hardens
5. Spoon 2–3 tsp of peanut butter onto chocolate and gently flatten using the back of a spoon
6. Cover peanut butter with another layer of melted chocolate
7. Place in freezer for 5 minutes until chocolate hardens
Modification: Use any nut butter you wish; almond butter would be fab! OR, go crazy and add a banana layer!
For a gal obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter, this is the recipe for you.