Since December’s theme of the month is Winter Wonderland, I thought it would only be appropriate to create a pancake recipe. Pancakes are arguably the best way to start a winter day — particularly on a lazy Sunday morning, which are practically created for a queen-sized pancake breakfast.
Yet truthfully speaking, who really has the time anymore to cook an extravagant pancake recipe? Most of us would rather avoid the typical Sunday morning pancake mess: drips, spills, and splatters galore. Worry no more because I have you covered with a lazy Sunday morning pancake recipe. No need to go over the top this time. And, good news, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make, requires 3 ingredients, and will have your family highly impressed with your tender, fluffy, and foolproof pancakes.
Also, for those who are gluten or dairy sensitive, this recipe is just right for you. Plain or with toppings, these homemade, simple pancakes are just what you need.
Before you start cooking, I found some crazy, weird pancake facts that I simply had to share:
- The record for the most amount of pancake flips is 249 flips in 2 minutes!
- The largest stack of pancakes consisted of 60 pancakes, which measured 76 cm tall!
- The record for the highest pancake toss is 9.47 m high!
Okay, let’s get cooking!
- Pour your oats into a high-speed blender until reaching a flour-like consistency.
- Add in 1 cup of milk and 1 ripe banana into the blender until forming a thick batter.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of the pancake batter onto a non-stick pan or a lightly greased pan.
- Cook your pancakes on low-medium heat until bubbles appear or until the edges of your pancake turn a golden brown color.
- Flip your pancake using a spatula so it can cook on the other side.
- Repeat and go crazy with toppings!
Optional: Add in fruit, honey, or chocolate chips into your batter!
Happy Holidays, everyone!